The Second Annual Smokin’ Oaks BBQ Festival will be on Saturday, October 6 from 3-6 PM. Competitors will be preparing their best BBQ dish and offering small samples for everyone to try. All attendees will be able to vote for their favorite dish, and the winner will take possession of and have their name added to the traveling trophy (currently held by Jason-Braxton Calvert, last year’s champion).
- INFORMATION FOR PEOPLE WANTING TO COMPETE:
- Please be advised that this will not be a sanctioned KCBS BBQ contest and any type of smoker will be allowed. Due to space and power constraints, we will have participants smoke their food offsite and bring it to the festival.
- Make as much food as you can, but expect to have ~150 people who want to taste your entry. If you run out of food, that means fewer people will be able to vote for you!
- If you plan on competing in the event, please follow the link below and fill out the survey (be sure to include your name and email so we can contact you as the event approaches).
- PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS SURVEY BY 9/20 IF YOU PLAN TO COMPETE:
- GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION:
- We ask that all attendees bring either canned goods or cash (~$5) to donate to Harvesters.
- T-shirts will be available for the event on a first come first served basis, so come early. Assuming we get the same sponsorship levels as last year, the t-shirts will be free.
- As with last year, the event will take place on NW 63rd Street (in front of the Horseshoe pond on the street/gazebo area).
- If you aren’t going to compete, please consider bringing a side dish or dessert to complement the BBQ! We will have table space near the gazebo for sides and desserts.
- We will provide water and Capri Sun, but if you prefer another beverage you must bring it yourself
- As of now there will NOT be a porta potty on site, so plan accordingly.
- SPONSOR INFORMATION:
- If you would like to help sponsor the event, please email Corey White at [email protected] BEFORE 9/20 with details of what you would like to donate. Last year we had companies donate either cash (~$100-$200) or specific items for the event (plates, cups, etc.)
- All sponsors will have their logo added to the back of the T-shirt, just like last year.
- CONTACT INFORMATION:
- If you have questions or concerns about the BBQ Festival, email Corey White at [email protected]